Thinking about advertising on Facebook? Before you do, take a look at my Facebook Pay Per click ads tutorial. The Internet has become the number one place to find customers for the business. With the internet reaching the remote corners, almost everybody is found to use search engines and social media. Among many social media platforms, Facebook is known to have the highest number of users. So, what better way to reach your customers than Facebook Pay Per Click Ads.
In this article, we will tell you what is Pay Per Click (PPC) ads, how Facebook PPC works, and how much the Facebook ads cost.
What are Pay Per Click Ads?
As the name suggests, Pay Per Click advertising is a type of advertising campaign where the advertisers pay for every click of their advertisement on a platform.
Let me elaborate. Say you are a business looking to advertise your product on a website. The website allows you to put banner ads. But you don’t pay for putting up the ad in that space or the number of views the ad gets. Rather you pay based on how many people actually click on the ad. This is PPC advertising.
Facebook is one of the biggest players in the PPC advertising market. According to Zephoria Digital Marketing, 2.89 billion people are using Facebook and there are 1.66 billion people who are logging in daily to Facebook. Many of these people could be your potential customers depending on your business.
Facebook is free for its users. Then where does it get its revenue from? Advertisements.
Facebook allows people to create and post ads within its platform. You can create your PPC ads using Facebook Ads Manager. Facebook provides you with different formatting options for your ads like photos, carousel ads or video ads. Since, it is a visual platform, the more visually appealing your ad the better.
Why you should use Facebook PPC for your business?
What advertising platform you choose is largely dependent on your business and your buyer personas. You will see benefits only if your buyers are there where you are advertising and they find it appropriate in that space.
That being said there are so many advantages that come with Facebook PPC advertising option:
- Facebook has a large audience globally and the chances of your buyers not being on Facebook are very slim. People spend more time on Facebook per session compared to any other social media. More active people mean a better chance of engagement for your business.
- Facebook allows you to post your ads to a highly targeted audience. Users on Facebook constantly give information about what they are interested in by liking and sharing things that they are interested in. Using this, Facebook can display ads to users who are actually interested in your product or service.
- Retargeting is also possible through Facebook ads. You can display your ads to people who have already visited you to keep them thinking about you. This increases the chances of the user buying from you.
- Facebook ads are much more effective than the traditional ads as you can make them visually catchy. While users tend to ignore ads that feel forceful, Facebook ads can be creatively designed to attract customers. You can use pictures, graphics, videos and carousels that catch customer’s attention.
- You can see how well your ads are performing through real-time metrics. Facebook ads manager gives you extensive analytics like the reach, impression, and number of clicks on your ads. It also gives your click-through rates and engagement metrics.
- Facebook is proven to give you are great Return on Investment. The conversion rate of the Facebook ads is 9.21% across all industries.
How does Facebook PPC bidding work?
Bidding for ads is one of the key factors that affect your Cost Per Click (CPC). To ensure you are getting effective results from your ad campaigns on Facebook, you need to familiarise yourself with many factors involved in the process.
The CPC depends on various factors that you cannot control like:
- Timing: Displaying ads during high traffic times will cost you more.
- Ad Placement: More people fighting for the same placement will increase the cost of the Ad.
- Ad Relevance Score: Facebook uses different metrics to give a relevance score to your ads. If your ads are more relevant (High relevance score), your CPC will be less.
- Target Audience: If many advertisers are targeting the same crowd, the CPC will increase.
The one thing you can control that affects your CPC is your bidding strategy. Remember Facebook Ads are like an auction where there are so many players bidding for the eyes of the audience. So, be smart about your bidding.
Make sure you adjust your bid in the pricing and bidding section of your Facebook Ad manager. Start small and experiment until you understand how it all works. You can take big steps once you have gotten the hang of it all.
Average Cost Per Click (CPC) on Facebook
As we saw above, there are so many different factors that influence the CPC of your ads. Your CPC is visible in your Facebook Ad manager.
According to Wordstream, the average CPC across all industries is $1.72. Some industries like finance involving keywords like Loans and Insurance are known to have very high Cost Per Click, while others like travel and apparels have lower CPC. Overall, the advertisers on Facebook are satisfied with their ROI.
You can join Facebook’s Ad program by clicking here.
Hope you found this article useful!